The star closer hadn't blown a save since July 30

(letto 475 volte)
Benvenuto, ospite,
puoi consultare il forum ma non puoi scrivere.
Per intervenire nel forum effettua il login oppure registrati.
Rispondi   Aggiungi sondaggio
Vai ai messaggi non letti
Inviato il 25 Aprile 2016, 08:09:59

Bimbotech

4 in 14 innings in best opener in WS history

Edinson Volquez of the Royals throws a pitch in the first inning against the New York Mets during Game 1 on the planet Series on Tuesday night at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City.

might, Mo. An home park home run. A power failure that blacked out the TV visitor. weird bounces, Great plays and key obstacles.

The longest World Series opener ever had a tiny amount of everything. and more than five hours after they began, Alcides Escobar and the kansas Royals also had just enough energy to outlast the New York Mets.

Saved by Alex Gordon's tying homer in the ninth inning off Mets closer Jeurys Familia, The Royals won in the 14th when Escobar dashed home on Eric Hosmer's sacrifice fly for a 5 4 win late Tuesday night.

"It was a magnificent night, Royals team boss Ned Yost said. upon get go, it was actually wild and weird.

Escobar hit an inside the parker on the very first pitch from Matt Harvey. later on, That power problem caused fans and the team's replay rooms at Kauffman stadium to go dark.

The nearer it got to midnight and beyond take into account that oddly the ball bounced.

rrnside the 11th, Salvador Perez grounded a single that hit the third base bag and caromed high upward. documented in 12th, Daniel Murphy struck out on a pitch that got past Perez it ricocheted heli-copter flight backstop to the Royals catcher, Who threw out Murphy to begin with.

About the only way missing? A home run by Murphy, Who had fastened in a record six straight post season games. The MVP of the NL championship Series did contribute a pair of singles jacob degrom away jersey.

"yeah, there were a lot of baseball out there, Murphy says.

in 14th, Escobar reached on an error by third baseman David Wright. Ben Zobrist's single put runners at the corners and an purposive walk to Lorenzo Cain loaded the bases with no outs.

Hosmer atoned for a key error by lifting a flyball mentioned at 300 feet, And Escobar barely beat right fielder Curtis Granderson's throw home.

"I wanted to redeem myself for what went down earlier, Hosmer pointed out. "That's the best thing about this game,

Chris Young pitched three hitless innings for the win Noah Syndergaard Mets jersey. Bartolo Colon gave up an unearned run and took the loss.

"his or her team, One of the things we know about them is they're never down and out, Mets administrator Terry Collins. "we have to put them away. We've got to do a better job,

Game 2 is wed night, With Jacob deGrom operating for the Mets against Johnny Cueto. it is hairy matchup: DeGrom's flowing tresses vs. Cueto's clean of dreadlocks.

Anyone who's ever seen the Royals play especially in October knows they're called resilient for a reason. once more, They reinforced their fame.

Gordon shook the ball game when he tagged Familia, Hitting a solo drive with one out for several centre field wall. The star closer hadn't blown a save since July 30 and was initially nearly perfect this post season.

thought of more for his glove than his bat, Gordon attached when he said Familia tried to quick pitch him, and got a huge hug in the dugout from Hosmer. A two time Gold handwear cover first baseman, Hosmer's error gave the Mets a 4 3 lead within a eighth.

"I was the most memorable person in the stadium when Gordon homered, Hosmer claimed. "I ordered him, 'I only desire to hug you right now.' I think most people in Kansas City want to hug him,

Escobar provided the early adrenaline. He wants to swing at first pitches, And this time the MVP of AL champion Series produced his best result yet.

A mix up by Mets outfielders Yoenis Cespedes and rookie Michael Conforto helped Escobar wind up with just the second interior parker to lead off a Series game. Ol' Patsy Dougherty of the Boston Americans did it in 1903 his came in the second game ever of what became called the Fall Classic.

"As I ran big event ball, I looked at Conforto and once I looked back up I had lost the ball, Cespedes said during a translator.

Cespedes never put his mitt up and the ball glanced off his leg david wright blue jersey, Darted along the warning track and let Escobar score upright.

Harvey brushed aside the misplay and quickly resolved in. unquestionably the Mets, subsequently, Soon involved with Royals starter Edinson Volquez, Who did his best on the day his father died in tobago.

Volquez left the stadium leading to a game ended and headed home. Most the Royals didn't find out about his dad.

"i realized in, it was the 14th inning, right in front of we won the game, Gordon stated that. "I was popularity next to Ned and he told me, he explained, 'Let's win mafia wars for Volquez.or,--"

Rispondi   Aggiungi sondaggio
Vai a:

© 2006-2019 Trilud S.p.A. - P.I: 13059540156 - Tecnozoom, supplemento alla testata giornalistica NanoPress registrata al Tribunale di Milano n. 314/08

rss